Letter A

My twins 2nd year of preschool


One of the comforts of preschool in your own home is not having to wear shoes! I never wear mine if I don't have to, and my boys don't either. :)

This first week of preschool happened a little over a week after we had our baby, so honestly, I did a little less than I might have. Recovery wise I actually felt amazing, I was able to have VBA2C (vaginal birth after two cesareans) delivery, and loved it. But caring for a newborn is time consuming, so we did some easy stuff, and I did not get a lot of photos taken.

We made ants out of egg cartons. I cut them into a row with 3 bumps and provided red or black paint to paint their ants. We then added googly eyes and pipe cleaner antennas.



For snack we had animal crackers, apples, applesauce, and apple juice. The next day we had Ants on a Raft. The same idea as ants on a log (peanut butter on celery with raisin ants stuck in the peanut butter). Ants on a Raft is peanut butter (always remember to check for allergies) spead on a graham cracker, and instead of raisins we did chocolate sprinkles, as they are tiny like an ant. The kids loved it. :)

We sang Alligators and Monkeys.


5 little monkeys
Sitting in a tree
Teasing the alligator
"Can't catch me!"
Along came the alligator
Quiet as can be (whisper this part loudly)
SNAP!!! No more monkeys sitting in the tree! (snap your hands together and tickle the kids)


I do mine as more of a chant, and less of a song, but regardless, kids LOVE this song. ;)

We also sang The Ants Go Marching and made A's with our bodies. Use three children to make uppercase A's.

Comments