April Fools 2015


I could have sworn that we made more things than this. I even have memories of making these Mushroom Cookies (scroll down a ways, it is a fun Alice in Wonderland birthday party.). But I cannot find photos of them anywhere. :/ But they did turn out to look very much like the photo she has, but they were a crumbly mess and difficult to make. 

The older two were old enough last year to rehash the kitty litter cake to trick the twins. I think that they enjoyed it just a little too much! 

Here they are taking out the litter box (we actually have a cat now, so this was feasible)

Just as they were about to go "dump" it outside, Miss B. took out a tootsie roll poop and ate it. The boys looked on in horror. Miss B could hardly contain herself. She thought their expressions were so funny, and that she was just too funny. It was great entertainment to watch!


Then she kindly offered the boys a tootsie roll log
The incredulous look of, "uh mom, what is going on here?"

and once they realized it was a joke, eating away at their yummy cake. 
I used the recipe found at Allrecipes


The older two also helped me make some candy broccoli. 

I have a photo pinned on pinterest, but it is a dead link. The basic, very easy instructions are to use fruity tootsie rolls, and shape into a broccoli stalk. Use a little to make into a ball/head type shape. Then I got them slightly wet and dipped into green cake sprinkles and/or non-pareils. My photo is a little blurry and doesn't do them justice, they actually looked pretty realistic. 





And be sure to check out my many other years of April Foolery

Comments