April Fools 2014


I think this was our April Fools Breakfast. Apparently I did not make a Fools Dinner, because there are no photos to prove it, and I don't have a memory of anything specific either. :)


I started with jello orange slices. These were actually pretty easy to make. Fun to serve and fun to eat. I found the idea and great instructions at Meet the Dubiens


I also served magical pre-sliced bananas. As the kids peeled them, they found them already sliced inside. I know I got my instructions from the Family Fun Magazine, but they no longer have anything on their website. The kids were surprised and wondering how I did it. I didn't take step-by-step photos, but I did find some at this cute blog
Word of advice, do these right before serving, as they start to brown around the needle entry and exit points. 

And then I made the teeny-tiny cinnamon rolls. These are actually about the size of a mini muffin. I wanted something I knew that Miss B. would eat. The funny thing is that these were the thing she was most hesitant to try. She was sure they were not what they looked like. They were pretty tasty, and much easier than homemade cinnamon rolls for a mom in a morning rush. 

I found the easy recipe using refrigerated crescent roll dough at Iowa Girl Eats

And a few reactions. :)

And be sure to check out my many other years of April Foolery

Comments