April Fools 2013



Since the twins are a little older, I rehashed some old tricks. Mr. T. and Miss B. knew them, but they were fun to play again. 

Here I added just a few drops of food coloring underneath Mr. W.'s cereal, so when the milk is added, it turns a color. 


I made a great "dinner".
We had fried chicken, baked beans, and cake with pink frosting.


I found the recipe for the baked beans and fried chicken at a great little blog, Kitchen Fun with My Three Sons.

I started with large pretzel rods, a little frosting on one end and dipped in melted white chocolate. Then shape a rice crispy treat around it in a drum stick shape. then after cooling cover in a candy coating and roll in slightly crushed corn or bran flakes.


I attempted to make the corn on the cobs to go with it. I should have used her method, because I what I tried failed miserably. I attempted to use candy corns stuffed into a twinkie (I saw it somewhere on pinterest). They do not stay in, and yeah, I gave up and ate a twinkie instead. Maybe I will try her method instead. 


The baked beans were yummy. I think the coloring on her's turned out a little bit better than mine, but they did look like the real thing. 


Our cake was meatloaf covered in dyed mashed potatoes, (you used to be able to view it online at Family Fun magazine, but since Disney bought them out, none of it is there anymore. :( ) but it may you could easily make this Spaghetti Torte Recipe if it fits your families taste better. 


And here are some kid reactions to our dinner:
Skepticism
Surprise
Fear
and 
Indifference. 
lol






For the pranks that the kids did, they made a mock cake and the world's tiniest popsicles.


We followed instructions for the Exploding Cake here. I thought that their's looked too uncake like, so we decided to tape the balloon onto an empty cool whip container instead. I set the older two to work on this downstairs while I worked in the kitchen on our surprise dinner. Because of this, the cake did not really explode as planned. In trying to secure the cake onto the bowl, they used a whole lotta duct tape. So much so that the hubs was unable to cut through it with the knife. It deflated instead of popping. But the hubs did not know what to expect inside anyhow, so he thought the joke was just that it was impossible to cut. A lot of laughs ensued, even if it did not go as planned. It was also very very tricky to frost a balloon, just FYI. lol





The world's tiniest popsicles were found at PennyPinching.com. You have to scroll quite a ways to find them, and its just a photo. But it is basically a flat toothpick, broken or cut smaller, inserted into Mike & Ike's Candy.


And be sure to check out my many other years of April Foolery

Comments