The Letter N



There are some weeks I take a ton of photos, and other weeks that I have very few. This was a week of very few. I don't know if I forget, or if I'm involved with the kids and can't get the photos taken, or a little of both. :)  Anyhow, on to N week!


We started with Newspaper N's. Any newspaper scraps work, and the kids could glue as many as they wanted onto their N's. 



A fun little song game we did was this:
                                                                         Noisy Nails                                                                           I use my hammer and five nails (Hold up Five fingers.)
That's too noisy, my neighbor yells (Yell)
I'll hammer them now before it's night! 1,2,3,4,5 (Pretend to hammer.)
And to my neighbor I'll be polite! (Bow)



We made noodle necklaces. To color the noodles you mix a little food coloring and rubbing alcohol and color as you like. They are obviously not edible after. The skinnier noodles were harder to thread, wider is better. 




For our snacks we had Newtons, Cheese Nips, and Nilla Wafers, 



We also nodded for N's. I used index cards and put letters on them (both upper and lower case) that we have already learned, and used them as flash cards. When they saw N or n they were to nod their heads. We've done this with lots of letters, wave your elbow for Ee, etc. 



Comments