The Letter G






For our Letter G week did a few fun things. First we started with Green Glitter Glue G's. I bought glitter glue from the dollar store, and for this activity we used green construction paper, and gold and green glitter glue, to really match that G theme. They turned out Grrrrreat! (Even if they did take a long time to dry!)



My cute Mr. T. was off track from school and wanted to read the kids a book for story time.

For snack we had grapes and G's on graham crackers. Once we toasted the marshmallow G's, the letter was a little less distinguishable, but it still tasted Good!


For one of our movement activities we had a garbage toss. I took some old papers from the recycling bin and crumpled them up. There was a mark on the carpet to stand on, and see if you could get the garbage into the garbage can. We did a few rounds. 


For more G movement we had our lowercase g on the carpet. We had the kids 

For songs and poems we did this cute little grape poem (found at Preschool Education):

Green Grapes
Five green grapes growing on a vine (Hold up five fingers.)

I picked one cause it looked so fine (fold down one finger)
Four green grapes growing on a vine (Hold up four fingers.)
I picked another for my Valentine (fold down one finger)
Three green grapes growing on a vine. (Hold up three fingers.)
I ate another, I couldn't decline (fold down one finger)
Two green grapes growing on a vine (Hold two fingers up.)
I ate another in the sunshine (fold down one finger)
One green grape growing on a vine (Hold up one finger)
I ate it too, cause they were all mine (Fold down last finger) 



We did a few cute art activities that I ended up not having photos of. But because it was close to Halloween we made footprint ghosts. Paint the bottom of the child's foot white, print onto a black paper, and the toes are the bottom of the ghost, and the heel of the foot is the ghost's head. We drew on eyes after the paint dried. 

We also made cute grape bunches. I preprinted pages with grapes in a bunch, and then gave the kids green tissue paper to glue onto the circles to make cute grape bunches. They turned out darling. I'm sad I didn't get any photos of them.

There is a Sesame Street episode (I am sure there are more, but this one is available on Amazon Prime, which is what we have). that feautures Letter G. It is Season 40 episdoe 9, called Planet G.


Comments