All About Me

First we did some tactile names. Kids at this age usually love seeing their name, or if they don't recognize it yet, it is a great time to start learning it. I printed their names on card stock and made it an outline. Then I gave them all kinds of things to glue on to their name; sequins, pasta, popsicle sticks, foam stickers, etc. I don't have any photos, since that would show their names.


We made All About Me books. I modified ours a bit from this, but we found the idea here at http://www.preschooleducation.com/


We also played "Hide the Child". (Idea found here). We had one child leave the room. Then you have another child sit in the center of the room and cover them with a blanket. Then bring the first child back into the room and guess who is under the blanket. Even with only four students, the kids love this game. They all want a turn to go out, and a turn to be under the blanket. It seems so simple, but they could have kept playing for a long time. 


We played "Roll the Ball" - name game. We found this game at Preschool Express. She has wonderful ideas for all things preschool!


For our art projects we made very cute train "I can" pages. We read The Little Engine that Could. Then I found a train shape and cut it out. I let them glue it on, along with steam clouds. Inside the cloud I wrote, "I think I can ______" and we talked about things that are hard to do that they could work on. One of my little guys said he could "clean his own room". 

I also love doing a preschool time capsule. I printed some questions and asked the kids, and then kept it until the last day and filled it in again to see how their answers had changed. Things like, favorite food, show, thing to do, friends, etc. We also weighed and measured them.


Comments