Pet Rocks

My kids love rocks, as a kid I loved rocks. We have run rocks through the washing machine, stubbed toes on them, compiled them, etc. Last week while my daughter was at school my son was gathering his rocks. Thankfully they usually let me put them on the deck in the back. I decided after we picked up his sister we would make pet rocks.

We live close to a few fields, which are prime for rocks (who am I kidding, our yard is prime rock hunting, but its more fun not in your yard!). The weather was nice, a bit breezy, but warm. We scouted out all kinds of rocks, and my pockets and their hands were loaded. Came home, put on the paint shirts and got out the acrylic paints. The kids were busy for at least an hour.




This is a simple little craft, and this post is old, old old. I started in six years ago! How fun to see my not so little kids (ten and twelve now) when they were much smaller! But I recently did the same project with my twins! (Though I cannot find the photos). 


Comments