Where's Mommy?

This is a favorite new game with the twins. It is essentially a toddler version of hide and seek. Maybe you have even played it before, but sometimes I need reminders, maybe you do too!

When both boys are near me, I ask, "Where's Mommy?" (in a very excited, get ready to run voice!)

And then I take off running. Be sure to pick super easy spots for your tot to find you. I have hid in the bathtub, behind a door, in a corner, in an open closet, behind a chair, under the table, etc.

The key to this game is running fast, because as everyone knows, toddlers are FAST. So I run to my spot and say loudly again, "Where is Mommy?" to get them coming toward me. As they get closer (this is another reason to pick an easy spot, so you can see them coming and watch their expressions!) I say in a quieter voice, "Where's Mommy?" and when they get close enough I yell, "BOO!" It usually startles them, but they laugh too. I praise them for finding me, and we start the game over.

This little game can keep my boys busy for at least 10 minutes, maybe more. Sometimes Mommy needs a break to catch her breath though. Often it seems they are looking right at me, but not noticing, its hilarious! I'm sure as they get older they'll catch on a little more, but they love it, and are learning great listening skills from it.

Comments