Window Painting


Anyone remember this? Sesame Street B Painting

I LOVED Sesame Street as a kid, well, I still do. I remember watching this skit as a kid, and I really wanted to paint on the windows. It actually stuck with me all these years.

A few years ago I read something about making window paints. I don't remember to do this craft often with the kids, but it is always a winner! And it is quite simple!

Supplies needed:

Paint brushes

Tempera Paints (I bought this set at the store years ago. Use some of the paint for regular painting, and then add 1-2 tsp of dish soap to the paints and stir with a paint brush.I used this soap because it is what I had, and it did not change the paint colors, not even the white.)

Drop cloth (I use plastic tablecloths (I have a myriad saved from previous birthday parties, this one is from our wedding luncheon almost ten years ago! lol)
Paint shirts (even though it is washable, it is a good habit)

and a window or two.

I used to paint holiday images, heart, pumpkin, etc. While I painted the front window I had my daughter painting the back sliding door. This is the first time I promoted the kids to painting the front window, and they were thrilled! I think it was quite the confidence booster!

My son was unhappy that I took the Easter decorations down, so I told them to paint a nice spring scene for me. I think they did a great job!

My daughter is off track from school, and I also had co-op preschool at our house this week, so she joined us. We learned about the prairie and prairie animals, you can tell that she enjoyed it! :) She is seven, and a natural artist.

My son is 5 and loves art as well. His painting is a sunset with rain and clouds, and cloud people.

 

Comments

  1. How fun, I can't wait to get a house - not sure how the apartment manager would react!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment