April Fool's Trickery!!!

I LOVE April Fool's. It started last year,  I played some tricks on the kids, and have been scheming all year for this year's trickery! I love my family fun magazine subscription, so many fun ideas. Most of my ideas come from there.

Today was my first graders first day of Spring Break, and she is off track for three weeks (year round schooling). I thought it would be great fun to wake her up  for school with a yummy breakfast. I got things ready and went in to wake her, and she told me, "I'm too smart for that!"

"April Fool's" I said, because there was no way she would get out of bed otherwise!

"I made you a yummy breakfast"

She rushed out of bed in anticipation, but quickly got very unhappy. I made her an egg, and, well, she  HATES eggs!


It is actually very vanilla yoplait yogurt and an apricot half.

My son was not thrilled either! He was pushing the plate away and saying his trademark, "Pleh!"

This is her hiding behind the garbage can so that she won't have to eat it, and so that I will stop taking her picture. 

 

I also had a bowl of cereal for each of them. I put a drop of food coloring in each bowl and added the cereal. Pour the milk in front of them. It takes a minute for the coloring to show up.


My daughter's is pink, my son's blue, just like their bowls, which might have made it harder to see. But it ended up working for me. When I asked in astonishment what happened, Mr. T. said, "Maybe the bowl is effecting the milk?" He's just five!

Of course, neither of them wanted to eat the cereal. They both ate the apricot. Mr. T. ate up the yogurt, Miss B. licked her fingers and no more (even though she likes vanilla yogurt.


We (or I guess I should say, I) have more tricks planned for later.


For lunch we are having mock grilled cheese. It's pound cake with orange tinted frosting


I also made a kitty litter cake.


Because we do not have a cat, I needed some explanation as to why we would have a cat box at our house. I tricked my daughter first, I told her that her aunt needed us to watch their cat, Kiki, and so there was a litter box in the garage. When she brought it in for me, I ate a tootsie roll poop, and she looked a little disgusted until she figured out it was more April Foolin'. Then I decided to let her play the trick on her little brother. She told him the same story, and well... then is when it got a little bit sad. My little boy was so excited to see his Auntie's cat, that well, when he found out it was just a joke, he was not a fan of any more pictures, and he started to cry. This is when I felt like the worst mommy ever!


Thankfully he got over it fairly quick, and was ready to get our daddy tricks ready! 


We left this little gem in the potty for daddy! (Sharpie on toilet paper)
 
My daughter then left a little note for me, isn't she sweet!


Our last trick had us all rolling, though my husband did not find it quite as funny.  At this time last year my twin boys were just 2 months old, and had infant breastfed diaper poops. As I was making the frosting for the mock grilled cheese it kind of reminded me of their diaper fillings. So Miss B. and I got a clean diaper and filled it with some frosting. We left it sitting on the floor, half open (I know, we're disgusting). Miss B. licked the diaper in front of her brother, which of course he found utterly disgusting. And then when Daddy got home from work, I stuck my finger in and licked it. So gross, but seeing the look on my sweet hubby's face was well worth it.


Could we be much more disgusting, probably not. But it sure was fun, and we're making some fun memories!

(Please ignore any messes in the background, as previously stated I had infant twins, so not much was getting done around our house besides diaper changing and feeding the kids!


And be sure to check out my many other years of April Foolery








Comments

Post a Comment