Robert Munsch

Someone asked me for children's books recommendations, so I thought I would do a few posts about that, some of my faves, the kids faves, and maybe authors that we love.

First up is Robert Munsch. I just love his books, his most popular is "Love You Forever" which is a great little story that makes me cry every time I read it. I bought this book for myself when I was still in highschool, just love it!

He has a whole ton of other books, and most of them are very very silly. I read on the cover of one of his books that he does not print a story until it has been told over a hundred times! His stories are very much like being told a story in person, made up as you go along (which is often how he does it). They are cute, silly, and very childlike. My kids LOVE them. We are always checking one of his books over the library, often the same ones over and over and over and over!

Here is his official website:
http://www.robertmunsch.com/

and the book list:
http://www.robertmunsch.com/booklist.cfm

Some of our faves are:
Makeup Mess (a message about true beauty)
Stephanie's Ponytail (being original)
Something Good
Andrew's Loose Tooth
David's Father (looks can be deceiving)
I Have to Go (Ah, the joys of potty training!)
Moira's Birthday
Murmel Murmel Murmel
and Thomas' Snowsuit
Paper Bag Princess

There are many more, many of which we have not read yet, but so far, I have liked every one!

Comments

  1. OOOHHHH- I will have to take the kids on a special trip to Barnes & Noble! Thanks for the list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI, Robert Munsch is Canadian. Also, in Canada you can purchase pocket size (~5cmx5cm) versions of the books. I still have all of mine from when I was a kid. If I'm going to be waiting around with kids, I will put a couple in my purse and pull them out when the whining begins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte, I actually thought of adding that to my blog, and saying that it was for you. lol. Pocket size books huh? I might have to have you buy some for me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment