Started a new blog

I wanted to start a little blog full of ideas of things you can do with your kids. Things I have tried and know work. :) I LOVE crafty artsy kid stuff, I have cupboards full of supplies, and oodles more that don't fit in the cupboard. :)

My qualifications:

Unfortunately I do not have a degree in early childhood development, or even my child development associates, but I do have experience in working with kids. :)

I am the second of eight children. I did a lot of babysitting in my day, and organized crafts with my siblings all the time. They still tell me many things they remember making with me. (Don't worry, they remind me of all the mean things I did too lol).

I am a mom of two. I have a six year old daughter and a 4 year old son. My daughter is very artsy. She is an amazing little artist. My son is a budding artist. They both love making things.

I have babysat many kids over the years, before I had kids, and after. We have done our fair share of crafts.

I also have been in a co-op preschool group for four years in a row now. If you don't know what that is, I'll tell ya. The first year I was invited to a group organized by a mom I attended church with and lived in our neighborhood. Basically you take turns teaching, and send your kids to their house for preschool. Typically two days a week. Some people call it Joy School, but that you have to pay for their curriculum. Anyhow, I teach my child and 3-4 others about every 3-5 weeks, depending on the size of the group. This works out great for us. I am leaving my children with people I know really well that live right in our neighborhood. I only pay when it is my turn to teach, for whatever supplies I choose to buy (which I typically have most of it on hand, see above lol). Usually I end up paying maybe $5-$10 on my turn, so $10 a month for preschool is not a bad deal. We decide on the curriculum at the beginning of the year and go from there. I love my time teaching. I figure this is one of the only times I will ever be such an integral part of my child's education.

Anyhow... the ideas I post here will be things I have tried in any of the above areas. I will rate things with a star system, five stars being the best. I will also let know how what age groups it worked best with. I will try to share pics of whatever I can, though my children's faces may be distorted. I have been collecting these ideas since junior high, so I may not always credit where I got them, but I will try.

Please check out my links, I will post my fave places to go for great kids ideas, crafts, preschool, games, etc.

Thanks, hope you enjoy the ride!

Comments

  1. Just as I have been praying for ideas, my best friend starts a new blog... I can't wait to read your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWE...This is a super fabulous idea!!! I am always looking for new crafts/activities to do with my kids. If I come across anything fun, I will let you know! Good luck on your new blog!! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment